Friday, September 30, 2005

I present to you... the Family!

Cast of characters:
Amma - the grandmother
Papa - the father
Mamma - the mother
Baba - the grandfather
Maid: the... well, maid.

* * * * *

Amma: Machine theek se nai chalri.
Papa: Kaunsi machine?
Mamma: Machine MaCHIne!
Papa: Washing machine?
Mamma: Nahi ji. Seene ki machine.
(Too many machines around...)

* * * * *

Baba leisurely takes off his running shoes (which he doesn't use for running, thank God!) after coming back from wherever he's been, then looks at them and back at his feet in amazement.
Baba: I didn't wear socks in them.
Papa: It's a little late to wonder about that, don't you think?
Mamma and I start giggling.
Baba: They're laughing at me. I say I didn't wear socks and they laugh at me!
(I think he's caught my alzy. Maybe even the dramatizing.)

* * * * *

Papa, while talking his daily cup of coffee from the maid: Did you make it with water?
Maid: No, diet milk.
Papa: I told you to put half a cup of water. We're fat.
Mamma: Just give him a glassfull of water from tomorrow.
(She's very conscious about diet - ours)

* * * * *

They're very entertaining sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home