Saturday, June 11, 2005

Watch It Slipping Through Your Fingers

I'm impulsive. And I'm coming to the point where I cannot tolerate people I don't like. People who simper. That's such a sick word. One that rouses only disgust in me and then I lose myself and say something cutting to the person, probably something wildly derogatory and sarcastic. Sometimes they even get it.

Then there are those who play games, saying things they don't mean.

I was talking on the phone the whole night yesterday.
Oh, really.
Don't ask me with whom.

And there's the totally transparent invitation to ask. Just say it, dammit. Don't make me curl my hands up in an effort not to say the derisive things that jump to mind.And when I find both these things in one person, I want to maim her. I want to make sure her condition isn't hereditary. I want to make sure she's never sitting beside me at lunchtime, because I just might turn violent. But yesterday, it happened. Well, she sat next to me. And the abovementioned conversation happened. There I was, trying so hard not to do anything, not to say anything. So thank God I didn't. But I had vivid visions which I don't think I'll get into here. Just that they were... well... homicidal.

So this is why I don't get along with people. Cos I can't follow the rules. I say this and you say that and then I will say this and you ask that. I hate ordered, measured conversations. I'd much rather shock and be unpredictable. It's much more fun. So much more alive than insipid, meaningless words. And wit is treasured above all. If you make me laugh, I love you. Simple.

And hence, with all of the things I can't take, I realise I'll have many more enemies than I need. Where's that open-mindedness I pride myself on? Where's the tolerance? I need to be more accomodating. And that seems so hard right now. Sigh.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the F is "accoModating"??. If she read this post, she wouldn't be angered as much as amused with "accoModating".

I expect MORE from you - Editor biyatch.

And I'm SO HAPPY!!! YOU HATE SOMEBODY!!

You know what that means, dontcha?

According to my philosophy on life 101 - I love people who hate others. Heh heh.

Mebbe, mebbe, JUST mebbe - that girl is ME!!:o ...(you know my ability to tihnk myself into all your moods) :D..You HATE me!!.. I don't know how to simper, or do I?

And NO! that bunch of happiness is NEW! You recycle.

1:25 PM, June 12, 2005

31 October, 2005 19:45  
Blogger Aran said...

Of course it's you and you do simper. And you eat your lunches with me too, don't you? :D

And baby, if the accomodating amused her rather than felt like a slap in her face, I'd love her.

But I do not hate. Hate is so alive. Hate is actually giving in to the emotions for somebody. Now I wouldn't really do that for someone I do not happen to like. Stone heart and all, you know...

6:54 PM, June 12, 2005

31 October, 2005 19:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bah. It's AccoMModating..arsh.

SERIOUSLY!!

YES!! MY LUNCHES WITH YOU!! WATT AN EXERCISE IN HATE!!

But then arent you innately curious? I needn't dangle a potential question for you to start asking AND NOT STOPPING. So what's with this girl? Ain't she sadassed 'nuff for ya?

7:48 PM, June 12, 2005

31 October, 2005 19:47  
Blogger Aran said...

Sigh. I can't believe I didn't catch that. I need help.

And btw, why are you going capital? My parents do not read my blog. :|

See, not dangling is the good bit. But then saying one thing and meaning another makes me want to smack faces and... other wild things. And I'm curious about people I want to know about.

About what's wrong with her, I wouldn't know where to start.

You know, it's scary... this forming of opinions.

1:04 AM, June 13, 2005

31 October, 2005 19:48  
Blogger Argentyne said...

*Awp!* How many blogs do you own?

07 November, 2005 18:50  
Blogger Aran said...

Uhmm. Just this one now. These posts are from an earlier blog that I had. Past tense. I thought they were entertaining enough to be put up here. And so are the comments. Wouldn't want to lose them really. :)

Oh, and welcome. And I have no idea whether you'll come back to read this... but... well, replying. Cos that's what I do - reply.

You should also know that I terribly loved the *Awp!* Such loveliness. :D

07 November, 2005 22:19  
Blogger Argentyne said...

Hehe. I came back because my statcounter said that someone was going through all my previous posts post-by-post. Was it you? Or do I have another cyber-stalker? BTW, do I know you? Being fellow Hyderabadis and all...
Totally agree with your latest post. Me does not like parties much.
And as to the 'awp', thanks :) I thought all the blogs you linked to were yours :-s

09 November, 2005 22:26  
Blogger Aran said...

Guilty as charged. That was yours truly. I kind of like the place... and that's putting it mildly. So I guess I'm your one and only cyber-stalker.

Nah. I don't think we know each other.

And no. I couldn't have 6-7 blogs! I have a life!!!

09 November, 2005 23:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home