Wednesday, July 20, 2005

All Taxed Out

I did my Income Tax calculations for the first time today. I think it should be made mandatory for criminals and men to fill up a tax form a day. This is merely man-hatred merging with tax-form-filling-hatred. We will ignore further references to man-hatred if it comes up again. We will instead concentrate on 40% of my salary less HRA and Pension Fund plus house rent or insurance. And how much DA, PA and PDA I get. There were four pages of these insane questions.

My first question was, "What's a rebate?" Now, in hindsight, I realize I've done really good cos I can see how dumb I was before starting. I wanted something like a Filling Tax Forms for Dummies, but Dad came home armed with forms and an unholy determination to make me see light with regard to filing my own income tax returns.

And so I filed. I went through four pages of crazy questions and calculations at the end of which, in a small, tiny font it said that I was not in the tax bracket. My income was not going to be taxed. This I was told, in a tiny, miniscule font, at the end of the damn document! Now if this information had been at the beginning, I wouldn't have gone through all that because I have not earned enough September through February to pay any taxes! Bloody assholes, people who make tax forms. No brains. Stupid men.

Now my vision of Hell is a calculator, a desk and a chair with a stack of tax forms and a devil with a whip in his hand.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aran

I have no idea what you just dedicated about 500 KB of disk space to. Never filed my returns, you see. I prefer evading the law as long as I can get away with it. But I did like the reference of the devil. :D

06 November, 2005 16:15  
Blogger Aran said...

Yes, you would like it. :)

I never filed my returns either. (So much we have in common :D) I just tried to and then realised I'd rather lose about Rs. 3000 than go to their office, stand in long lines and submit that stupid form. Too lazy, I.

06 November, 2005 16:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home