Monday, July 11, 2005

Meet Thy Maker

Yesterday as I was lying on my bed, I heard the soft drone a plane. And it grew louder. And still louder. And then Louuudddderrrrrr. And I had that image again. The recurring one. The one where a plane comes crashing into my house, the nose coming straight for my bed where I'm lying, all innocent and unaware (yes, with all the noise and tonnage being hurled at me, so unaware). I can see it clearly. So clearly, in minute detail. And then I don't know what happens, I just see the aftermath. The ruins and fire and smoke and people screaming and buring flesh and... well, the scene which happens when a plane crashes. This is somewhat disturbing because I will not be able to see things after I die, and I will die when a plane's nose seeks me. No gentle nudge, that. It's also disturbing because because it seems I'm fascinated by morbidity. (What if I grow up to be a serial killer?!) (I should stop using the phrase 'when I grow up'. Because, in the words of a moron, "How much more will you grow??!")

So back to the topic, I also imagine earthquakes turning my house into rubble, and I wonder at the fate of my grandparents on the second floor as two floors fall on them. Someone stop me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home