Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Little Devils

The cousins have been here for two weeks of their two month stay and I'm thoroughly sick of them now itself. They broke my photo frame. They broke my showpiece-thingie. My comb's missing. They smeared my bestest white dupatta with vile-smelling-transparent-something. My bedspread has an undistinguishable muddy-reddish stain. My room's a mess. My dressing table's a messier mess. They've downloaded stupid games and I get messages saying my hard disk is full. They're on the computer when I want to be on and they want to see cartoons on the TV while the other one's on the computer and and and and.... Grrrr! And I'm totally pissed off with them.

But, silver lining. Little one. What would the world be without babies? I can go hours playing with her and she's so utterly adorable. Sigh. Now I'll probably dissolve into baby-talk whereas mission of this post was to rant about older siblings' unsufferableness. Nevermind... it's just for a few weeks more. Approximately 6 weeks. That's... uhmmm... 45 days. Well, that doesn't so sound so bad. Hmmm. Ok, maybe I should think of it as 6 weeks instead of 45 days? Yes, that will help. Smaller number.

But Siling. That's short for silver lining. She's soooooooooo cute! I'm in danger of melting into pool of mushiness right here. Sighhh! They should never grow out of two years. That should be the limit. Then after 15 years of being two, they should be transformed miraculously on 17th birthday as 17 year olds. Isn't that so ideal? They will completely take a detour around the unnecessary childhood and the gawky, embarassing in-between period. Be reborn as confident, savvy, long-necked 17 year olds. No puppy fat to get rid of. No breaking of voice. No uncomfortable puberty. And moreover, a year to look forward to being 18 year old grown ups. It's the best thing that can ever happen. I wonder why God didn't think of it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home