Friday, October 08, 2004

Impressionist Triangle

It's amazing what people around you think about you. I mean, you may not be the person you're perceived to be. Not at all. Like I'm seen as this klutz who's a perfect living example of Murphy's law. Bad karma I say. It's just not my fault. Never is. Like this other day I was trying to lay my aching head on my desk and the chair beneath me slipped out from under me and I banged my head on the desk... wait, you don't need to know all that.

So coming back to the point, I'm perceived as being this person with whom everything goes wrong all the time, but Your Honour, I swear solemnly under oath that I am not that person! It's a case of mistaken identity! Never mind the fact that I just managed to delete my previous blog entry. Single-handedly at that. But, let's face it, mistakes do happen. I was just trying to check something out and clicked the edit button by mistake and I didn't want to edit. so then hit the submit button while it hadn't loaded yet and... *snip* (That was me cutting myself off in mid-sentence.)

To continue what I was talking about, impressions are not very true or accurate. They are almost always based on overt behaviour and that really cannot be the sum total of what a person is. I might be the person who takes around her own personal handful of disaster wherever she goes, but that isn't what I am. Underneath all the falling things I manage to knock down and behind all that stumbling over my own feet, there's this cool, calm, sophisticated, mature young woman. (What?! Can't I even dream?)

Ok, ok. Let's not forget the point I'm trying to make here. Which is, impressions can be wrong. A person has many facets, one of which might overshadow the rest, but that doesn't mean a person is uni-dimensional. Just because a person goes slightly crazy while multi-tasking doesn't mean that the person cannot manage more than one thing. Well, that might be the case, but it might as well not be the case. And if that same person crashed into a stationary lamppost once while backing out of a lane, it doesn't mean that the very same person cannot drive. Plus, if that hypothetical person continually manages to add the wrong people into MSN conversations, it doesn't mean that the imaginary person we're talking about is stupid. All I'm saying here is that you cannot make a judgemental decision (about someone's sanity) based on a few isolated incidences. Well, ok, not so isolated and not very few... but you get my point.

People have a deep personality. (That was such a dumb sentence.) What I mean is, individuals are so much more than what they appear to be. (Ok, better.) There are depths to people which they themselves don't know, and it takes a unique situation to take out that hidden facet. Someone who you think is a clueless moron might just turn out to be the only person who can solve your problems some day. It's just that the time should be right and the particular situation should be just right for it to happen. It's like fitting a triangular key into a square slot. That doesn't mean the triangle is useless, it just has its own corresponding triangle somewhere, which it has yet to find.

Hey!!! That's it!! That just it! I'm a triangle in a world full of squares. Oh, glee! I knew I was on to something when I started writing this...

25 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

applause...gotta agree there...lots of people think im perennially ecstatic and also a bitch queen from hell. but im not. :D hee.
[Posted by inez on Friday Oct 8, 2004 at 11:01 pm]

21 October, 2005 18:28  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

got to love ALL shapes, not just the uhmmm "rounded" ones, but even the pointy ones >:D
[Posted by Lily on Friday Oct 8, 2004 at 11:20 pm]

21 October, 2005 18:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and lotsa persons think tha i am an insensitive ass... but i too have some emotions..
i am a coconut... Hard from outside, but so naram naram inside :D
[Posted by Johnny on Friday Oct 8, 2004 at 12:11 am]

21 October, 2005 18:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Someone who you think is a clueless moron might just turn out to be the only person who can solve your problems some day."
Kabh mayrey moula, aqir kabh??????
[Posted by tabrez on Friday Oct 8, 2004 at 12:40 am]

21 October, 2005 18:29  
Blogger Aran said...

inez, thanks for the applause. :D

Lil, *raised eyebrow* What was that? :$

Johnny, so you aren't what you appear to be.

Tabrez, I didn't mean it THAT way!!
[Posted by Aran on Friday Oct 8, 2004 at 12:48 am]

21 October, 2005 18:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you would care to elaborate "what" way u think i meant it, which is not the way you meant it.
[Posted by tabrez on Friday Oct 8, 2004 at 1:17 am]

21 October, 2005 18:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you would care to elaborate "what" way u think i meant it, which is not the way you meant it.
[Posted by tabrez on Saturday Oct 9, 2004 at 6:00 am]

21 October, 2005 18:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And how /:) u doin???
[Posted by hanktheyank on Saturday Oct 9, 2004 at 6:01 am]

21 October, 2005 18:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

even i am a metrosexual trapped in the body of an ill cultured ape.
[Posted by Jai on Sunday Oct 10, 2004 at 8:11 am]

21 October, 2005 18:31  
Blogger Aran said...

tabrez, i will.

hank, I'm good. :)

jai, ok.
[Posted by Aran on Sunday Oct 10, 2004 at 8:35 pm]

21 October, 2005 18:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Getting your old blog back is easy : search google with the following string :"How to be a Social Worker" + fullhyd

Then Click on "Cached" ...Three Cheers for technology
[Posted by jeez on Sunday Oct 10, 2004 at 1:38 am]

21 October, 2005 18:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post.

And yes, it can be retrieved just the way "jeez" mentioned, if Google has not done a data refresh. So hurry up, if you want to get it back.
[Posted by Anoop on Monday Oct 11, 2004 at 1:48 pm]

21 October, 2005 18:32  
Blogger Aran said...

jeez, thanks a lot. :)

Anoop, you said good post! :o
[Posted by Aran on Monday Oct 11, 2004 at 6:37 pm]

21 October, 2005 18:32  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was. You want me to say it again? Good post.
[Posted by Anoop on Tuesday Oct 12, 2004 at 10:51 am]

21 October, 2005 18:32  
Blogger Aran said...

*faints*

Thank you. :)
[Posted by Aran on Tuesday Oct 12, 2004 at 11:06 pm]

21 October, 2005 18:33  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Acha hai!
[Posted by Bhishambar prasad on Thursday Oct 14, 2004 at 6:01 pm]

21 October, 2005 18:33  
Blogger Aran said...

Bhish... :o

Lovely name. I'm honoured. I bow down to you.
[Posted by Aran on Thursday Oct 14, 2004 at 11:51 pm]

21 October, 2005 18:33  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what about me?
[Posted by thakur harnaam singh on Thursday Oct 14, 2004 at 1:11 am]

21 October, 2005 18:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeh haath hamka dede thakur
[Posted by jai on Friday Oct 15, 2004 at 8:19 am]

21 October, 2005 18:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

** walks in....sniffs around....looks at post...."NICE POST !"....walks upto it....pees on post.....scrapes paws backward on ground......trots off **
[Posted by Snoop Doggy Dog on Friday Oct 15, 2004 at 12:12 pm]

21 October, 2005 18:36  
Blogger Aran said...

Why is everyone on fh going crazy? I think it's all Neurotron's fault. That sale of bike post... and all the crazies are crawling out of their hiding places...
[Posted by Aran on Friday Oct 15, 2004 at 10:30 pm]

21 October, 2005 18:36  
Blogger Aran said...

*pats dog and throws him a biscuit*

thakur, you're not bad. :)
[Posted by Aran on Friday Oct 15, 2004 at 10:33 pm]

21 October, 2005 18:36  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are too self-involved, and think too much about what other people muct be thinking about you.

The fact is, unless the other person is a close friend, family member, or loved one, chances are nobody cares a rat's ass about you, or "thinks" about you for more than a minute.

Move on.
[Posted by Sigmund F on Saturday Oct 16, 2004 at 12:09 pm]

21 October, 2005 18:37  
Blogger Aran said...

S. Freud. Right. Do you have to haunt me on my blog too? I thought I'd finished with you in text books and horrible exams... FIVE YEARS WERE ENOUGH!!! Get lost dirty old man! :@
[Posted by Aran on Saturday Oct 16, 2004 at 10:01 pm]

21 October, 2005 18:37  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes you did!
[Posted by jai on Thursday Oct 28, 2004 at 10:44 pm]

21 October, 2005 18:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home