Sunday, August 08, 2004

Me Too

Help! Save me!

I have a problem.

There's someone in my head. Or two. Or three. I mean, I have too many lives and too many ways to live them all. Result, MPD. I am too tired being so many mes (plural of me). I don't think this condition is very well-known or well-documented, so please bear with me while I go on inventing words like someone possessed. Possessed by an alternate me, that is.

This thing has grown so big and out of control that I can easily differentiate between the different mes (there's that new word again. Now I use it one more time and add it to my vocabulary. Okay. Mes. And added. How cool am I!) There's the child-me, whose personality is so much like what I am. I mean, so much like what is apparent in this blog. The bubbly, Ms. Sunshine, aka clown, weirdo... reminds me of that toy - you hit it on the nose and he bounces right back. I take you back and you kick me down, Cause that's the way, ahaan ahaan, I like it. Going from one topic to the next, completely confusing the hell out of your poor little heads. *taking a bow*

Then there's the serious me. I don't like serious-me much. She's almost always moping around. All lending shoulders and talking to people like she was about 60 or so. Stupid schoolmarm type. Life for her must be so boring. I shudder even thinking about it. Poor thing.

Then, according to how a friend puts it, there's the goody-goody-me. (perhaps I should let D describe this one, but...) She is even more sugary than all the other personalities put together. Set your teeth on edge types. You know, those people who are always politically correct, endlessly patient, living for others and not letting anything ruffle their feathers. In a word, SENSIBLE. That's goody-goody-me. I mean, she's so damn detatched that she's almost not there. Everything can be looked at objectively and the practical mind always makes good decisions, etc. etc. Blegh!

Then there's the bitchy-me. I kind of like her guts. Stupid thing says anything which comes to mind and creates havoc. (And ultimately some of the other personalities have to make up for the problems she creates.) This female's got a vendetta against the world. Everything's set up to torture her and she tortures right back. Caustic remarks, really sarky personality... you get my point.

There are others but I'm kinda shy talking about them. And if you're wondering who's writing this piece, why, it's me!

Sometimes I wonder how a conversation between us must go. Merely an example:

Child-me: Hey, I have a great idea about this post. It's totally whacko!
Serious-me: Well, okay.
G-G-me: Yes, It surely must be. You're a great writer, you know.
Child-me: Thank...
Bitchy-me: Oh please. Not that good really. I mean, it's good. But not great. She just about manages to string a few sentences together.
Child-me: Oh.
G-G-me:come on. Give her some credit. She's on the top here.
Serious-me: That's just 'cos she comments so much. Each comment gives her three hits. Did you know that?
G-G-me: So? Listen, whatever you say, she's a great writer.
Bitchy-me: How can somebody comment on their own posts like that? Is it even ethical? Bumping the counters. She holds conversations there. The hits just build up. Anyone can do it. It's nothing great.
Child-me: Well, I don't know.
Serious-me: What?
Child-me: Well, I thought...
Bitchy-me: Obviously you did. How dumb!
G-G-me: Stop it. Just look at her poor face. How can you do this to her?

It goes on. And on. Just imagine all the problems I have with all of them talking to each other like that. Giving me (which me? :p) headaches with their incessant chatter. If it goes on like this, I don't think it will be long before I have a very intimate relationship with an asylum.

And you know... all this is in addition to those 'other' voices...

28 Comments:

Blogger Aran said...

You can only put in 254 characters (with spaces) in the current music slot. So now you know. Aren't you glad you have me to do all the experimentation? :D

NO, no! No thanks necessary. Just doing it for the greater good. (Never knew what that phrase meant exactly.)
[Posted by Aran on Sunday Aug 8, 2004 at 8:13 pm]

23 September, 2005 20:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now which one of you do I congratulate. Absolutely hilarious and at the same time very true, don't we sort of all get moments of MPD?
[Posted by Lily on Sunday Aug 8, 2004 at 8:14 pm]

23 September, 2005 20:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well worth waiting for, claps fervently :D
[Posted by Aran's Fan on Sunday Aug 8, 2004 at 8:15 pm]

23 September, 2005 20:05  
Blogger Aran said...

Congratulate all, Lil. Each, in her own way has contributed.

And congratulations accepted with thanks.

This is the gracious-me, talking for all mes. :p
[Posted by Aran on Sunday Aug 8, 2004 at 8:19 pm]

23 September, 2005 20:05  
Blogger Aran said...

Thanks A-fan. :)
[Posted by Aran on Sunday Aug 8, 2004 at 8:24 pm]

23 September, 2005 20:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always wanted to know about the character limit in the music section and if one could do the entire lyrics there, :P, so thanks for the sacrifice :D
[Posted by Yas on Sunday Aug 8, 2004 at 8:30 pm]

23 September, 2005 20:06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

upir wish is my command (6)

congratulates the kiddish you and gives her a lolly

congratulates the goody-goody-ms-2-shoes by giving her a nice ribbon

congratulates the bitchy you by allowing her to yell

congratulates all the missing other yous (sort of hand in hand with mes) by inviting them to come out, they are welcome on my blog any day

did I miss anyone?
[Posted by Lily on Sunday Aug 8, 2004 at 8:33 pm]

23 September, 2005 20:06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

upir? gaks, where is my editor when I need her? that was supposed to be your, YOUR, YOUR
[Posted by Lily on Sunday Aug 8, 2004 at 8:34 pm]

23 September, 2005 20:07  
Blogger Aran said...

Yas, you're welcome. If my sacrifice has helped even one person, it was worth it. (Now how I wish the sacrifice and this selfless speech matched in magnitude.)

Thanks Lil. And you don't know what you've done by inviting all the mes to your blog. I feel for you. They'll wreck the damn place.
ps. At least you got the R in your/upir right. Rofl. :p
[Posted by Aran on Sunday Aug 8, 2004 at 8:44 pm]

23 September, 2005 20:07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, sniff, sob, cry, rub my typos in, now I have no credibility anymore, sniff, my cover has been blown that I can't even type, let alone write and it's just that I have a good saintly editor :(
[Posted by Lily on Sunday Aug 8, 2004 at 8:46 pm]

23 September, 2005 20:07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dumb and over-rated.
[Posted by Me on Sunday Aug 8, 2004 at 8:51 pm]

23 September, 2005 20:08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uhmmm, which me was that?
[Posted by Lily on Sunday Aug 8, 2004 at 8:52 pm]

23 September, 2005 20:08  
Blogger Aran said...

Me, ok.
[Posted by Aran on Sunday Aug 8, 2004 at 8:57 pm]

23 September, 2005 20:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes you? but which one?
[Posted by Lily on Sunday Aug 8, 2004 at 8:57 pm]

23 September, 2005 20:09  
Blogger Aran said...

No, it wasn't one of my mes. I sign myself Aran everywhere. I'm not too crazy about stupid games.
[Posted by Aran on Sunday Aug 8, 2004 at 9:06 pm]

23 September, 2005 20:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm, there goes the profound question about who is me? sighs
[Posted by Lily on Sunday Aug 8, 2004 at 9:14 pm]

23 September, 2005 20:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a stupid post. you think no end of yourself. topping in blog means nothing. and you always write only about yourself. how self-centred.
[Posted by Rama on Sunday Aug 8, 2004 at 10:47 pm]

23 September, 2005 20:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not Rama.
[Posted by Me on Sunday Aug 8, 2004 at 11:10 pm]

23 September, 2005 20:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What she writes is none of your biz "Rama". Its a free country aint it? So buzz off mororn.
[Posted by Jeez on Sunday Aug 8, 2004 at 1:59 am]

23 September, 2005 20:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm, I didn't see Rama or Me have a blog and be creative! Has anyone else?
[Posted by Aran's Fan on Sunday Aug 8, 2004 at 2:07 am]

23 September, 2005 20:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a blog, a popular one too. :|
[Posted by Me on Sunday Aug 8, 2004 at 4:56 am]

23 September, 2005 20:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I talk of a few more you’s?
The sad you: This you floods my msgr screen with all sad emoticons.(For those who are not aware, Aran has got a fairly good number of sad customized icons apart from the standard MSN ones). This you refuses to talk. And at regular intervals, says, “I feel like crying”. (Once I had turned my mike on, to hear heavy sighs of this Aran.)
The mushy you: In this state, you just feel like talking of boys and more (no no, I wont get into the more part {*blushing* to even remember a few of your wants you had once told me ;).}). This you prefers to sit pretty and attract boys and well, more. (24 years, isn’t it? I would say, this is the more normal you :P)
The horrible you: (a bit different from bitchy you). This you makes fun of me(insert a cry icon here). My typos, my sleeping habits, my life, my existence – everything becomes funny to you. I don’t this like you (actually I wuv this you :P).
I have a few more YOU’s in my mind. (getting evil thoughts of exposing you in public)
Does comments have word limits?
Is my comment looking like a post?
Solution to unite the MPD you’s: Tickle the professional you. Let the psychologist come up. Let the professional you pull out all the you’s out of you and allot them different sections in your brain. Let the PY (Prof You) teach the rest you’s to take care of the human you.
Good luck.
PS> How about dedicating next post to all those non self-centered public? Rama? huh?

[Posted by T on Monday Aug 9, 2004 at 11:20 am]

23 September, 2005 20:14  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

which one would that be, Me?
[Posted by Aran's Fan on Monday Aug 9, 2004 at 11:39 am]

23 September, 2005 20:16  
Blogger Aran said...

Me, I actually agree about the overrated bit. But not the dumb part. Let me have some illusions at least. :) So which is your blog?

Rama, LOL. Well, well, well! I know "topping in blog means nothing" and I also know I write mostly about myself. And your point is...?

Jeez, thank you.
[Posted by Aran on Monday Aug 9, 2004 at 12:40 pm]

23 September, 2005 20:16  
Blogger Aran said...

T, you wuv me too much. :D (})
[Posted by Aran on Monday Aug 9, 2004 at 12:44 pm]

23 September, 2005 20:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aran, glad u agree about the over rated bit. Yea even i agree they are not dumb. I m sorry, ahh never mind. Friends? :)
About my blog, well i hate my blogs myself, so wudnt reveal them. But trust me, u have read 'em already.
[Posted by Me. on Monday Aug 9, 2004 at 7:43 pm]

23 September, 2005 20:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you should watch fight club and then we could talk.
[Posted by buzz on Wednesday Aug 11, 2004 at 1:52 pm]

23 September, 2005 20:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If u r tlakin about me/"Me." Yea i have watched it n number of times. n---> infinite.
NOW TALK!!!
[Posted by Me. on Wednesday Aug 11, 2004 at 7:45 pm]

23 September, 2005 20:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home