Friday, June 11, 2004

Weird and Special

I've been feeling weird lately. 'Things' have been happening to me. Weird things. No, it's not like "I see dead people" kind of things (Thank God!), but it's still weird in the unweird life I've lead till now.

My father's been calling me up from his office and talking to me about everything and nothing (How's my day been, what am I doing...). My mother's been calling up in the middle of the day and asking me if I've had lunch. Don't get me wrong... I'm not saying it's bad... it's just that it's a teeny bit unusual. Like how'd one feel if it snowed in Hyd tomorrow? Good, but weird, right? So that's how it is. And these weird new ... er... developments have been making me feel really (guess what?!) weird.

And they've made me wonder if I'm about to die or something.

I mean, when people are about to die, they get all these little kindnesses done to them. Like I've been informed that I am special. About two days ago. I'm wondering how they found out about the speciality suddenly after 23 years of my being special. And they don't even know about the blog. So it's not as if they think I'm going insane. (Is insane the same as special?)

It's making me paranoid. I mean, what's changed in me now? A few spontaneous bumps appearing around the head overnight or bloodshot eyes and the general belief that I'm about to keel over and die soon? It's making me look into a mirror, and after I get over the initial fright and when my heartbeat gets back to normal, I don't see anything abnormal staring back at me. Well, at least nothing that's not been there before.

It's making me nervous. I'm peering around corners and staring into nothingness for hours at a time, then waking up and realising I'm looking at late night TV in the dark. The kind where they try to sell you cheap looking pearls or the sharpest knife in the world on TVC or some such thing. So, I mean, this is cause for concern, isn't it? Would someone readily admit to watching Jackie Shroff (with bags under his eyes) sell pearls? No!! Of course not. And when I am admitting it, it has to be because of something really serious. 'Cos I'm trying to seek help here.

I'm trying introspection. I'm trying to turn around and look at myself inside. (There's something wrong with that sentence but for the life of me I can't figure out what.) I'm trying to search for answers in this big, black (at least I think it's black), uno and cipher world of the world wide web. I'm questioning the mortality of my life.
And am I getting an answer? Oh yes... of course. There's an answer for everything on the net. And it threw the death clock at me. I think it's supposed to make me feel good... oh, well...

18 Comments:

Blogger alchemist said...

everyone is special... just depends to who... and yes lot of insane people are special because of their insanity.

01 September, 2005 17:23  
Blogger Aran said...

From fat to special. You've come a long way. :p

02 September, 2005 00:41  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a week without bloggin now that is Weird!
[Posted by daanyboi on Friday Jun 11, 2004 at 4:42 pm]

02 September, 2005 00:42  
Blogger Aran said...

daanyboi... is that all that is weird about me?
[Posted by Aran on Friday Jun 11, 2004 at 4:46 pm]

02 September, 2005 00:42  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well lets just say thats the only one i would wanna mention here and at this point of time
[Posted by dannyboi on Friday Jun 11, 2004 at 5:06 pm]

02 September, 2005 00:42  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So when are ye sending ur grandpa over?(talkin abt the commnt on me blog.)

crap!

The death clock stuff.
not ur blog!
do u think i can say anythin to ur blog? no i cant....after all you belong to the female species!!



[Posted by romu on Friday Jun 11, 2004 at 11:59 pm]

02 September, 2005 00:43  
Blogger Aran said...

He's my uncle. Not the grandpa. There's a difference. The grandpa lives with me.

Oh, and the deathclock is fun. I'm going to die on July 21st 2035. :D
31 more to go!
[Posted by Aran on Saturday Jun 12, 2004 at 11:10 am]

02 September, 2005 00:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u must be a pessimistic person then!

dint mean tht sentence abt not talking abt ur blog bcause of u being a girl.Was angry with the whole female kind thn.
[Posted by romu on Saturday Jun 12, 2004 at 11:14 am]

02 September, 2005 00:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I though I have seen all the stupidity in the world. Ugh.
[Posted by Anoop on Saturday Jun 12, 2004 at 11:29 am]

02 September, 2005 00:44  
Blogger Aran said...

Lol. It's okay romu. And me? Pessimistic? You actually think so??? Why?

Moron, what stupidity?
[Posted by Aran on Saturday Jun 12, 2004 at 12:09 pm]

02 September, 2005 00:44  
Blogger Aran said...

Moron, so tell me.
[Posted by Aran on Saturday Jun 12, 2004 at 12:14 pm]

02 September, 2005 00:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NM
[Posted by Anoop on Saturday Jun 12, 2004 at 12:15 pm]

02 September, 2005 00:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NM
[Posted by Anoop on Saturday Jun 12, 2004 at 12:15 pm]

02 September, 2005 00:46  
Blogger Aran said...

OK, you don't have to repeat yourself. :p
[Posted by Aran on Saturday Jun 12, 2004 at 1:40 pm]

02 September, 2005 00:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anoop...ye referring to me by any chance mate.?
[Posted by romu on Saturday Jun 12, 2004 at 1:44 pm]

02 September, 2005 00:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope M'ite I wuzz nat referrin ta ya.
[Posted by Anoop on Saturday Jun 12, 2004 at 4:43 pm]

02 September, 2005 00:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whddup?! :D


[Posted by drp on Saturday Jul 17, 2004 at 9:35 am]

02 September, 2005 00:47  
Blogger alchemist said...

who was talking about u... and besides fat people are also special... so u do not have to pretend to be thin to think of urself being special... and here i am talking about u

03 September, 2005 17:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home