Saturday, August 14, 2004

Strange Stranger-like Strangers

There's a new phenomenon happening for the past few days. My planets are into weird revolutions. I say this because nowadays people are talking to me. I mean, people I don't know and wouldn't ever know. Total stranger-like strangers. Very strange strangers at that.

Like the day before yesterday I had gone to a friend's house in Malakpet. I didn't want to park the car in the lane as it was very narrow and someone might be inconvenienced, so I was going to sit in the car while the friend came back after whatever she had to do. Then she called me in after her and I was thinking about whether to keep it there or find a place outside the lane. Suddenly I hear a voice saying "Rakh lo, rakh lo. Main dekhti hoon." I turn around to see a frail old lady hiding most of her face behind her pallu. As I looked at her, she moved the pallu a bit and gave me a full, toothless smile, almost scaring me to death in the process. And then she proceeded to talk to me all of the time I was getting the car into the best position. I seriously didn't concentrate on what she was saying, was just nodding in between... then when we were leaving, she smiled at me again and told me that I was looking good after a rest! I was so totally 'what's going on?'

The same day, in the morning, while I was waiting for my mom in front of a school, the watchman started talking to me. He told me all about how a few days before there had been a parking problem right in front of the school because someone had parked their car there... and he had been called here to replace the person who was the watchman then, etc. etc. etc. on and on and on.

These are just two examples, but really, many more have thought that I am the ideal person to talk to about whatever's been happening in their life. What's the deal? Why is this happening now? It's never happened before. Are they just innocent coincidences or are they all a part of a greater conspiracy?

To those who are wondering, (not that you would, but I'd like to think that you are), the phone menace is over. I complained to my service provider and I think they've done something. :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so since the phone menace is over can I call you up and talk to you strangely?
[Posted by Aran's Fan on Saturday Aug 14, 2004 at 6:11 pm]

04 October, 2005 15:53  
Blogger Aran said...

A Fan, nah... you can talk to me strangely only when you meet me. :)
[Posted by Aran on Saturday Aug 14, 2004 at 6:12 pm]

04 October, 2005 15:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strangers are the friends we are yet to meet!!

Name the time and place :D
[Posted by Aran's Fan on Saturday Aug 14, 2004 at 6:18 pm]

04 October, 2005 15:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its a good thing if strangers want to talk to you, right? Only a bit related to your career isn't it?
[Posted by aloque on Saturday Aug 14, 2004 at 10:28 pm]

04 October, 2005 15:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home