Thursday, December 01, 2005

One of those Seven things

Ok, I have no idea how I was coerced into doing this. Yes, right. Coerced is the word here, but anyway, this person who I don't know what to call in my blog tagged me on one of those seven tag things that have been going around. Going around, like malaria or viral fever. Yes, quite apt.

I told him I won't do a good enough job but apparently the person who I don't know what to call in my blog thought otherwise. Either that or he's terribly sadistic, which I don't think is true because he sounds nice. Of course one cannot believe what one sees on messenger, for example, the sweet personality of the person who I don't know what to call in my blog, but then you do know what I'm trying to do here, right? No? Ok, well, what I'm trying to do is give the unnamed person cause for thinking twice about further tags by casting doubts on his sweet personality. Also, I might be delaying doing the needful.

Sigh, let's get it over with. Close your eyes and Go! (Don't hate me in the morning.)

Seven things I want to do in my life
1. (Everyone seems to want to write a novel, so...) Win the Booker.
2. Get into doing something that is fun. A job I mean. A fun job. Something creative. With awesome pay. And handsome Greek God type coworkers. And a lenient boss who is totally floored by my charm. Oh, and yes, flexible timings.
3. Tear a really high value currency note into teeny pieces and blow it into the wind. Obviously this will happen only when I'm filthy rich, so... you get the point.
4. Drive a superb car at high speeds on a long stretch of highway. This, obviously, cannot happen in India.
5. Win the Pulitzer. Hehehe... when I dream, I go all out.
6. Win the Filmfare and the National award for the same movie, which I will direct. And do we see a pattern here?
7. This one is classified. :p

Seven things I can do
1. Whistle better than my brother. Can carry off tunes too.
2. With all modesty, am kind of good with arty pics. Well, ok, taking pics in general.
3. Be a good listener.
4. Dance to 'Kahin Aag Lage Lag Jaye' and 'Dhol Baaje'. :p
5. Write reasonably well.
6. Enjoy the little things in life that most people miss out on.
7. Put mind over matter. Most times.

Seven things I say the most
1. Hmmm
2. Okies
3. Wha..? / Huh?
4. What you doing?
5. O pls
6. Nah / Nopes
7. Great God!

Seven things I can't do
1. Be photogenic. Why, oh WHY??!!!
2. Cook.
3. Show the slightest interest in other household type work.
4. Read Frederick Forsyth's "The Day of the Jackal" or "Gone With the Wind" - I tried too many times.
5. Play a musical instrument. I wish I could.
6. Get rid of my mood swings.
7. Resist food. Repeat exclamation in 1st point with more feeling.

Seven things that attract me to the opposite sex
1. Wit
2. Laughing eyes
3. Hands
4. An old world romantic charm. Sigh, I admitted it.
5. Well-placed belief in himself.
6. Experience or knowledge.
7. Soft hair. Not too long though.

Seven Celebrity Crushes
1. Milind Soman
2. Milind Soman
3. Milind Soman
4. Clive Owen
5. Salman Khan
6. Zaheer Khan
7. Zayed Khan
(This list is suspect because I really can't think past Milind Soman.)

Seven people I tag
Are you joking? You actually think there's someone here who reads this blog who has a blog of his / her own who would want to be tagged? Can I tag you back, person who I don't know what to call in my blog? Can I?

Oh, but I have to mention the two people who've elevated the Seven tag into an art form.
The Box and deepa. Hope this makes up for not tagging anyone. It damn well will.

Just in: Right, I found someone who would have liked to be tagged. Yay! I had no idea this thing would go beyond the confines of my blog. I thought it was destined to die a slow and painful, well not really, a quick and painless death right here but it has shown me how resilient it is. Crossing oceans and cultures, I bounce the tag on to MsShadow.

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This time I am going to be the first one to leave a comment on your blog, and that despite your not leaving a comment on mine this time around. See, I am all heart for you. You just keep complaining for no reason at all.

I don't know what else to say. I am still lamenting in my melancholy - have to go to work tomorrow. But I thought I should leave a comment anyway. Just for you.

03 December, 2005 00:30  
Blogger Aran said...

All heart Scripto? Just for me? Such nice words. But is there really no reason for the complaining? Look deep into yourself, Scripto, and put yourself in my place. Is there still no reason for complaining?

03 December, 2005 00:37  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is one thing about women that really irks me. If you want to say something, say it. Don't expect men to find out without you telling them. Men are dumb, super dumb. They would not know if their house was on fire if there was live football on television at the time. If only more women let go of the 'if I have to tell you then you don't love me enough' attitude fewer marriages would end in divorce.

03 December, 2005 00:41  
Blogger Aran said...

That was totally amusing. :D

I think I've told you enough times, hmmm?

03 December, 2005 00:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It bodes well for me that my comments amuse you. :)

03 December, 2005 00:44  
Blogger Aran said...

Yes, and you have the habit of ignoring that which you do not want to answer. :p

03 December, 2005 00:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also have the knack of talking a lot and still saying nothing. But, in this case, whatever it is that I have done has gotten you six comments on your blog.

03 December, 2005 00:52  
Blogger Aran said...

It's not about the number Scripto. The comments should delight. You're doing ok here. Btw, you know that I like the 'fascinating nothing'. It's the other trait I don't like.

03 December, 2005 00:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, Aran! This reminds me of the time when you and I were the only two people commenting on my blog!

04 December, 2005 00:09  
Blogger Aran said...

Sadness. All my commentors have deserted me. :(

I don't even have twigrl!! :(

04 December, 2005 10:26  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

hark.. here comes the optimist.. :D.. tra la la la la
Hey wassup? How many pounds did ya drop?
And gud thing that u r done with ur tag.. gud gal.. :)

04 December, 2005 20:10  
Blogger Aran said...

Hark to you too. :)

Don't ask rude questions 'person who I don't know what to call in my blog comments section either'. :p

05 December, 2005 00:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Restepc

05 December, 2005 06:52  
Blogger Aran said...

Rest my pc? Or is it the name of some medication? Or did your fingers just go mad?

05 December, 2005 10:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no... that was supposed to be respect, could nt spell it right.

how is teh diet going on? did u quit midway?

05 December, 2005 12:09  
Blogger Aran said...

What respect? Why would you just say 'respect'?

Diet's ok. No, didn't quit midway.

05 December, 2005 13:29  
Blogger Sameera said...

yo came here through the guy u cant seem to name in ur blog

isnt he sweet...im also from hyd..heard some praises of u..will check out more sometime soon..

and i know how easy it is for ppl to come check a blog out but not comment..wont do that to u tho..:-)

05 December, 2005 21:34  
Blogger Aran said...

Hiya Sameera. I welcome thee. :)

Yes, he's sweet. He disagrees vehemently though. :p

05 December, 2005 23:46  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

This is a conspiracy..
The conspirators shalt be hanged till death..
May the townsfolk stone you to death!!! *rabble rabble rabble*

06 December, 2005 00:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

respect as in i respect ur diet.

06 December, 2005 06:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home